What many of QSnipps users don't know is that QSnipps supports different methods for creating new source code snippets.
Here are the available methods to quickly create a new code snippet using QSnipps:
- Pressing the keyboard combination CTRL+SHIFT+N (Windows and Linux) or COMMAND+SHIFT+N (Mac), while in the main QSnipps window;
- Selecting the "New Snippet" submenu from the "File" menu;
- Pressing the "+" icon and then selecting the "New Snippet" submenu option, while having a category selected from the main categories list;
- Right-clicking on the main snippets list and then selecting the "New Snippet" submenu option, while having a category selected from the main categories list;
- Pressing the Insert keyboard key, while the focus is on the main snippets list;
- Dragging & dropping code/text selections from any IDE, text editor or directly from websites, on top the main snippets list;
- Pressing the global keyboard combination CTRL+ALT+N, even if QSnipps is minimized (Windows OS only);
- Dragging & dropping source code files, on top the main snippets list. Pretty much any type of source code files are supported, from HTML to Objective-C and .NET file types.